Engineering for advanced aerospace and defense applications require rigorous ruggedization processes and expertise that has been developed and honed over a period of years. Mistral has the expertise in designing rugged, high-performance, best-in-class systems to achieve the highest levels of efficiency, power, and performance to meet the most difficult challenges. With leading edge-embedded computing technology, Mistral supports legacy and emerging platform requirements that include VME, VPX and many more. Mistral also provides expert technical support as well as long-term program management and product sustenance capabilities.
Mistral specializes in providing products and sub-systems for aerospace and defense applications that are designed and built for deployment in harsh environments. Mistral provides customized rugged enclosures for its system engineering solutions to ensure that the systems are robust enough to withstand extremes of temperature, corrosive atmosphere, high levels of shock, vibration and harsh environments without failure.
Mistral’s ruggedixed design solutions meet the rigorous Qualification Tests and Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) as per procedures evolved from Mil-Spec documents such as:
- MIL-STD-810E/F – Environmental test methods and engineering guidelines
- JSS 55555 – Environmental test methods for electronics and electrical equipment
- MIL-STD-454 – Standard general requirements for electronic equipment
- BS 3G-100 – Specification for general requirements for electronic equipment
- MIL-STD-704 D/E- Specifications for test methods for aircraft power supply
- MIL-STD-461 D/E, 462 D – Specification for EMI/EMC testing
Mistral’s expertise in Ruggedization include:
- Certification, full system integration and total custom solutions
- VME, CompactPCI and VPX/OpenVPX boards for defense and/or space applications
- COTS and custom designed VME, CompactPCI, and VPX/OpenVPX enclosures and sub-systems
- Hardware, software and sub-systems integration
- Extended product lifecycle management with long-term support
- Compliance to MIL-STD, shock, vibration and EMI/EMC standards
Listed below are some of the designs that have undergone ruggedization to meet stringent CEMILAC qualification.
- Hybrid RADAR Controller and Processing System with Liquid cooled LRUs qualified to JSS55555, MIL-STD-810 D/E and MIL-STD-461E
- Hybrid Signal and Data Processing rack for RADAR sub-system compliant with JSS55555, MIL-STD-810 D/E and MIL-STD-461E
- Direction Finding System for AEW&CS system confirming to JSS555 and MIL-STD- 704
- DSP LRU for Aerostat conforming to MIL-STD-810E and MIL-STD-461E
- Rugged air-cooled unit for Tracking Radar conforming to JSS55555, MIL-STD-810 D/E, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461E
- UAV Video telemetry system compliant to MIL-STD-810F qualification for temperature and vibrations and MIL-STD-461D/MIL-STD-462D for EMC