A global leader in in-flight entertainment for aircrafts approached Mistral to develop a next-generation seat-back entertainment system. This device provides rich multimedia experience and in-flight entertainment functions.
This case study showcases Mistral’s capability in designing an Android based In-Flight Entertainment device for one of the tier-1 customers in the In-Flight Entertainment domain.
Mistral offered the customer an end-to-end solution by designing the hardware and software for the touch based Handheld Multimedia Unit.
- Developed a handheld device based on TI’s OMAP DM3730 which gives great performance with optimized power consumption running on Android
- 3.8 inch LCD display with WVGA (800×480 pixels) resolution.
- 3D graphics acceleration supported in the SGX core of the SoC enables high-end gaming and graphics experience
- Playback of multimedia content achieved using audio and video codec running on the DSP-core.
- Multi-touch enabled smart gadget with 3D acceleration and multimedia capabilities with connectivity to Seat Back unit over USB.
- Device supports light and temperature sensors to realize more intuitive use cases.
- Multi-touch enabled smart gadget with 3D acceleration and multimedia capabilities with connectivity to Seat Box unit over USB.
- Customer received a smart touch based gadget which was among the first Android based devices in the airline industry
- End-to-end solution covering both the hardware and software aspects of the project.
- This helped the customer to achieve a quick-turn around for the present and future designs with no compromise on quality.