High Density Interconnect PCBs have a higher wiring density per unit area than the conventional PCBs and are utilized in complex small form factor designs. High Density Interconnect (HDI) PCBs help reduce size and weight, as well as enhances electrical performance of a device.
Mistral’s team has extensive experience in designing HDI PCBs and offers microvias, blind and buried vias, fine lines and spaces, sequential lamination, via-in-pad technology solutions for innovative, next generation products.
Mistral’s expertise in HDI PCB designs include:
- Selection of HDI PCB design technique based on:
- Size – Small form factor, portable devices like digital cameras, mobile phones, wearable gadgets
- Performance – products requiring increased speed of processing and communication, at high frequencies in telecom, defense and aerospace applications
- Components – meeting the board/PCB constraint of providing more pinouts in a smaller footprint
- Innovative design methods in Fine Pitch Micro BGA designs
- Managed up to 0.37mm BGA pitch designs with 2 mil/ 2mil track/spacings
- Design with stacked and staggered micro-vias
- Board level, System level Signal IntegrityI, EMI/EMC & Thermal analysis
- Signal performance analysis for Reflections, Timing, BER, EYE opening
- DC drop analysis in power supply rails due to copper losses.
- Handling the power integrity impact while using HDI techniques
- This includes effects of mounted inductances of decoupling capacitors, changes in plane performance due to reduction in perforation from chip pinouts, and the inherent plane-capacitance changes from using dielectrics of various thicknesses