Modern microcontrollers are miracles of engineering – cheap, small, low-power and packed with features; they are at the heart of many electronic products.
Microcontrollers typically include extensive on-chip IO and peripheral devices which make it easy to interface with other electronics.Mistral’s team of expert engineers have the expertise in developing on a multitude of microcontroller platforms, ranging from 8-bit microcontrollers to 32-bit microcontrollers, in C, C++, Assembly language on various IDEs. Mistral has designed and developed a wide range products using microcontroller for wearable electronics, non-invasive medical electronics, home automation, industrial applications, health and wellness applications.
Mistral’s expertise in microcontrollers includes:
- MSP430 (16-bit), C2000 (32-bit) and TivaTM (Cortex M3 & M4) from Texas Instruments
- Atmel 8051, AVR (8-bit), AVR32 (32-bit), and AT91SAM (32-bit)
- Cypress Semiconductor’s M8C Core
- PSoCs (Programmable System-on-Chip)
- ColdFire (32-bit), S08 (8-bit) and Kinetic from Freescale
- Code Warrior Development Studio
- Microchip Technology PIC, (8-bit PIC16, PIC18, 16-bit dsPIC33 / PIC24), (32-bit PIC32)
- STMicroelectronics STM8 (8-bit), ST10 (16-bit) and STM32 (32-bit)
- Maxim ARM Cortex M3 (32-bit)
- Other ARM Cortex-M cores specifically targeted towards microcontroller applications
Mistral’s team has expertise on popular real time operating systems (RTOS) like FreeRTOS, TI SYSBIOS/TI-RTOS and also in developing new RTOS kernels for specific applications. The team additionally has expertise in wireless stack integration and IoT Gateway SDK development which is crucial in developing IoT applications.
Some of the microcontroller based products designed by Mistral include:
- E-Ink Based portable keyboard using MSP430
- Beacon Device based on TI’s CC2541 BLE chipMSP430 based Universal remote to control home entertainment systems using Bluetooth enabled Smart phones
- IrDA based Communication Device built around Atmel 8051
- Intelligent Battery Management Solution for Electric Car based on PIC24 from Microchip
- Wellness Product on Module based on Maxim MAX32600 BLE based iPhone accessory (Touch based wearable watch) for visually impaired based on STM32 Microcontroller