Advanced Highway Patrol Vehicles with Live Video streaming and GPS Tracking
The Highway Patrol Vehicle (HPV) is a customized, fully equipped, robust vehicle, outfitted with specialized surveillance, communication & monitoring equipment for emergency response on highways. These first responder vehicles are designed for patrolling and preventing crime on highways. “They provide an enhanced sense of safety and security to highway Commuters by ensuring smooth traffic flow and managing any impediments due to accidents or other crimes.”
This case study showcases Mistral’s expertise in design, integration, and commissioning of advanced highway surveillance and patrol vehicles, that features sophisticated monitoring, control and communication systems.
The HPV is designed for Karnataka State Police who were keen on inducting these patrol vehicles with modern highway surveillance and monitoring systems to their fleet.
Karnataka State Police under the directive of the Hon’ble Supreme Court had approached the industry for solutions to enhance road safety and reduce accidents on the highway. Mistral was awarded the contract to design and integrate a modern surveillance system into an SUV platform for 24×7 patrolling of highways and smooth traffic management. The vehicle had to have the below-mentioned equipment to ensure that traffic discipline is maintained, and valuable lives are saved in case of any emergencies.
Requirements of customer:
- Public Address System
- Search/Emergency Light
- Pan-tilt Zoom Surveillance Cameras
- Network Video Recorders and Communication Console
- Central Monitoring Station
- Alcohol Breath Analysers
- UPS Power Supply
- GPS Tracking & 4G based Video transmission
- Rescue tools – Crowbar, Axe, Snatchstrap
Mistral designed and integrated HPV with special-purpose equipment and custom-made components such as PTZ surveillance camera, Top-Bar LED light, Pan-Tilt searchlights, etc for patrolling and monitoring the traffic on Highways.
The HPV was based on a newly launched Toyota Innova CRYSTA which was supplied by the Karnataka State Police Department.
Below listed are the details of equipment integrated into HPV:
- Custom-designed PTZ Camera – A 30X Pan-Tilt-Zoom Surveillance camera to provide a panoramic/long-range view of the traffic, even during critical conditions. It allows remote adjustment of the camera to pan, tilt and zoom into objects with the high-resolution video quality.
- Fixed Camera – A 1/2.8″ CMOS, full HD camera is fitted on the rear side of the vehicle.
- Advanced Video Analytics (at Control Rooms) – To enable traffic enforcement, various customer-centric analytics like ANPR, Speed Monitoring, Triple Riding, Helmet detection, etc. have been enabled at the central control room effective traffic and safety management.
Monitoring & GPS Tracking
- Real-time Positioning
- Tracking of HPVs
- Live Video Feed Monitoring from Central Command centre, & designating officers through their mobile devices
Command & Dispatch
An IP based Command & Dispatch communication system is provisioned inside the Vehicle enabling Control Room operators to communicate with the police personnel in HPV and vice versa.
Statistics & Reports
Malfunction, Alarm, Business & Illegal reports, Device Logs, Operation Logs.
Vehicle CAN data
The VMS software provided by Mistral allows the officers in Command Control Room to access the CAN data like speed, remote start and stop in case of emergency, fuel level, etc of the vehicle for remote monitoring and decision making.
Public Addressal and Traffic Management
- PA System
- Expandable Reflective Traffic Delineators / Barricades
Rescue & Emergency response
- Rescue Tools (Snatch Strap, Foldable Saw, Crowbar)
- First Aid, Stretcher
Managing Traffic Violations
- Breath Analyser
- Speed Gun, ANPR
Read the full case study to know about the challenges and benefits of Highway Patrol Vehicle.